Becoming A Christian
Becoming a Christian is the most important decision anyone can ever make.
What does the Bible say about becoming a Christian?
- God loves you. "Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us." 1 John 4:10
- Sin separates you from God. Sin is choosing my way instead of God's way. "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23
- God sent Jesus so you would not have to die for your sin. Jesus died on the cross, He was buried, and He rose from the dead. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:15
How To Become a Christian
A - REPENT ... to God that you are a sinner (Romans 323; Romans 6:23). Repent, turning away from your sin (Acts 3:19; 1 John 1:9).
B - BELIEVE ... that Jesus is God's Son and accept God's gift of forgiveness from sin. (Romans 5:8; Acts 4:12; John 3:16; John 14:6; Ephesians 2:8-9; John 1:11-13).
C - CONFESS ... your faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord (Romans 10:9-10,13).
Is It time for you to become a Christian?
If it is time for you to become a Christian, pray a prayer like the one below:
I know I have sinned and that my sin separates me from You. I am sorry for my sin. I believe Jesus died on the cross for me so that my sin can be forgiven. I believe Jesus rose from the dead and is alive.
God, please forgive me. I ask Jesus to come into my life and be my Savior and Lord. I will obey You and live for You the rest of my life. Thank you. Amen
If you have trusted Jesus to be your Savior and Lord, you can be sure that ...
- Your sin is forgiven.
- You are a Christian.
- You are a child of God.
- God will always be with you.
- You will go to heaven when you die.
- Tell others that you are a Christian and that Jesus is your Savior and Lord.
- Be baptized to show others that you have become a Christian.
- Attend church regularly.
- Read the Bible and pray to God each day.
- Whenever you do sin, ask God to forgive you and to help you to obey Him. Ask Him! He will!
- "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9
- Once you are a Christian (born again), salvation will not leave you. "I (God) will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." Hebrews 13:5
Welcome to the family of God!